Monday, November 17, 2008

full circle

It's just after midnight on a Monday night, it's raining outside and I have just spent the past couple of hours reading entries posted in my livejournal that I began posting to in the year, 2001. While reading through my past seven years I was filled with warm feelings by remembering events and people that have since faded away from my memory. I read about early musical experiences, girls and how confused I was by them (nothing much changes), great times with friends, regrets and a variety of things that I can see have shaped me into the me that I am right now.

Reading through that old journal has stirred up something in me. The past year has felt a little bit empty for me - I feel like I'm slowly losing parts of myself that I generally would say defined me. I haven't sat down and thought about where I am, or let out my feelings to anyone in any form for a long time. I hope that this new journal will help me express myself without bottling things up inside. Maybe seven years from now I'll look back at this blog and have a similar kind of warm experience like the one I'm having now.

No comments: